I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9.11.12

2 Corinthians 12:9 Each time the Lord said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
 
My Thoughts
What a fitting verse to read on the 11th anniversary of 9/11.  I have never in my lifetime seen a country come together to cry out to God as we did on that day.  My grandparents say it happen during the WW II and the great depression. I was just a toddler when my parents witnessed it when President Kennedy got shot. But at moments when we felt weak as a country, we drew on the strength of God. When our country is strong we walk around all proud with that "Look at us we are big and powerful!" strut. Thinking that nothing can happen to our great country.  Nothing can happen to us IF we put our faith, our trust, our future in God.  We can't keep turning out back on God and stay strong.  Sometimes God has to allow us to go through hard times so that we will depend on Him. So that we will allow Him to take over and do His thing!!  We, even as a great nation, can not be strong enough, without God.  If we realize that when we are strong and stay close to God our nation can stay strong!!  But if we are too proud for too long we it is possible that we could forget about God all together and even in our weakest moments we will not know who to call out to.  We are so blessed that we live in a county where we are able to call out to God...in our homes, on the streets...we are so blessed that we can go to Church in the light of day without being afraid.  We need to act at all times like we acted on 9/11 and give our country to God...we need to be on our knees every day saying God please take care of this great nation of ours!  Please keep us strong!! We need to remember that we are always, always weaker than God and always give our lives, our families, our friends, country and even our enemies over to God... God always knows best.

No comments: