I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, December 1, 2011

12.1.11

1 John 2:5 But those who obey God's word truly show how completely they love him.  That is how we know we are living in him. Those who say they live in God should live their lives like Jesus did.

My Thoughts
I remember that campain, we all do "What would Jesus do?"  It was a passing "fad." How sad that it was a passing fad... it was a brilliant idea... if only it had worked.  I remember that it did make me ask myself quite a few times "What would Jesus do?" I just didn't ask myself enough times.  I think it is because even though I knew it was the right, good thing...I did't really know what Jesus would do... I had not taken time to really, truly know. What I am learning, as I take time to read my Bible each day, is that the more I know God the more I want to know God.... the more I read what Jesus taught the more I know how to be more like Jesus... I am learning that growing is a process...  and that God sees that I am trying... I am becoming a little more like Jesus each day... I have forever to go!!!... I am only a tee nincy bit into my journey...but I am making progress!!  The Bible is always talking about planting the seed and it growing.... for that seed to grow it takes lots of tending to!!..Lots... weed pulling, watering, feterlizer... a constant watch for things that attack the garden.... God puts into us the Holy Spirit... the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5: 22-23). All those things are there... ours for the taking.... we just have to make sure to nourish them with God's word, and with prayer. When we see these things begin show in our lives we can know that we are growing... God knows that we need time to grow into the person he intended for us to be.... the plants in the garden start growning soon after they are planted...you may not see it for a while...but the growing is happening deep underground... then you see the sprouts of progress.... the plants in the garden grow until their death... it is an ongoing, lifetime thing... that garden needs tending until the farmer is ready to harvest the plant.  We need to fill our mind and our heart with God's word so that when the Holy Spirit speeks inside us, guiding us we recognize His voice...so that we can show God just how much we do love him... this for us is a lifetime process.... the weeds, the enemy can always get in if we are tending to our garden... The amazing thing is the more we take time to know God the more time we make to know God. When this begins to happen in our lives, we will never be the same again!!

I challange you to make a commitment to yourself and to God to take the time to read and to learn and to grow. God's word never returns void (Isaiah 55:11). God has a way of making our time work for us when we make time for him. We all want our lives to be better!  Taking time for God is a sure way to change your world.  It changed my world in amazing ways!!...Amazing ways!!!  I will never be the same. If I could sit across from you right now I would take your face in my hand and say "God loves you, YOU so much! If you never learn anything else from me hear this.... God loves you! He made you, he is proud of you, he thinks you are amazing...he has so much joy and love  to pour out on you... it will be overflowing!" ..then I would put a Bible in your hand and say, "Read this every day, never stop! It will change your life! I promise it will!"

No comments: