I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10.18.11

Jeremiah 31:34b For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already," says the Lord. "And I will forgive them their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins."

My Thoughts
I love that God tells us several times in the Bible that he will never again remember our sins.  Psalms 103:12 tells us that God moves our sins from us as far as the east is from the west.  Micah 7:19 tells us that God cast our sins into the depths of the sea. If God chooses to forget our sins I believe that he wants us to forget our sins and move forward. The devil loves to tells us how we have sinned and how we can't do better... he loves to  put those thoughts in our heads "You did this or that, what makes you think you are worthy!?!?" What God tells us is that we are made right with Him through Jesus (Romans 3:22).  All we have to do is ask forgiveness and God makes us right with Him again..and remembers our sins no more.  Our part is to strive to be like Jesus... we are to learn and grow...and do better and better and better.  We are to work at being better at doing what God ask... no where in the Bible does it tell us to woller in our sins, constantly remembering them..... to the point that we can't function.  If we are living in our past sins, condemning ourselves daily for the mistakes we made in the past, we can't be our best in God.  God wants us to do our best to be our best for us. God wants  us to be our best so that we can have good lives.  Jesus came so that we could have life and have it abundantly (John 10:10). Abundance is not in our sins, or in the remembering or revisiting of them... abundance is in God and the plans that he has for our lives.  When we use the scripture to fight the thoughts the devil puts in our head it is like throwing flaming arrows at him.  God's word is stronger that Satin!! God's word is there for our use.  When the devil brings up my past sins... I have learned to tell him... The Bible tells me that I am made right with God...I am in right standing with God. I say this over and over until the urge to "woller" goes away.  Then I get the chance to experience more joy in my day.  Remember "The thief comes to still, kill and destroy" our days our joy, our happiness. Jesus came so that we can "have life and have it abundantly" (John 10:10). Each time the devil tries to remind us of our past, of our sins he is stilling, killing or destroying our sense of self, our joy, he is trying to take a day away from us.  God forgets our sins!!... Jesus came to make us right with God... he came so that we could have joy and peace. He came so we could feel love. What we have to learn to do is make the choice to believe God and his word... and move forward into being good, better, best.

No comments: