I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, September 26, 2011

9.26.11

Isaiah 48:17-18 This is what the Lord says -- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow.  Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.

My Thoughts
I am constantly amazed by the peace of God....I am constantly amazed that God makes me right with Him again and again. I am saddened by all the years of wonderful peace that I missed out on because I didn't know how to know God...I am thrilled that I have so many years left on this earth with God so ever present in my life. I hope that God uses me to change the life of at least one person so that they can feel the peace I feel in my heart..... today I feel joy bubbling over in my soul....coming out of the pores of my skin.  I love that I read this verse today... because today I so feel the peace of God flowing over me like a gentle river.

Me getting to know God like I know God now.. feels a bit like an accident... what I know now that I didn't know when this journey started is that God's hand was in how I feel today all along.  My son, John-Robert just loved God... always somehow.... I read my children Bible stories every night for years... I tried to teach them that God loved them.... but, John-Robert seemed to know God, personally from a very young age. As he got older that didn't change. I was his mom, the one that was suppose to teach him...but I found myself asking him all the time, questions like "What do you say to God?".... and I would get answers like "I just tell God about my day."  I was saying to God... "Please forgive me." "Please help this person they are sick." "Please forgive me."   John-Robert he could quote the Bible.... he knew what God had said. I was constantly amazed and very much jealous.  God knew just how to change me.... John-Robert gave me a one year Bible for Christmas one year.... this Bible was divided up into 4 parts for each day, Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. There were about 3 to 5 pages to read each day. How could I not read this Bible! At least once through... it was all laid out for me...and John-Robert gave it to me.... I just could not disappoint him.  God knew!!

It didn't change me over night!!... Oh at first it seemed a bit like a chore.... a lot like a foreign language. But, I kept reading and reading...a little by little I began to see a difference in me. I began to understand more and more of what I was reading... Still in 5 pages I get so much for short passages... but each time I read I am amazed that I understand, that what I read no longer seems like a foreign language... the Bible tells us that if we seek wisdom we will find it. I find a bit of it everyday.  I have learned to look!

I have been at this amazing journey for almost 2 years now... this time around I think "How did I miss that last  year??!!" Along the way God has placed amazing people in my life to teach me what they know. Now I am able to hear what they say and learn. Now I can't get enough of God... I can't get enough of what He wants to teach me. I can't miss a day reading my Daily Bible Reading because I know I will miss a peace of God's instruction and miss out of some of God's amazing peace. Now I know what the Bible tells ME.  I am learning God's plan for my life not watching and wondering why God didn't give me somebody else's plan.

I just pray that God uses me for him... that he uses my life to touch a life. If my life could touch two lives that touched two lives that touched two lives then I will have made a difference in this world... I could have never made a difference without God working through me. Now I have such amazing hope and assurance, from God, that my life does matter. That alone changes  you in ways that are unimaginable.

Has the world around me changed? No... my days still go about pretty much the same... but my soul is different, the way I see things is different. I never feel lonely or alone. Like John-Robert I just tell God about my day. Sometimes I wake myself up singing songs of praise in my sleep...that makes me smile every time! To know that God is now so much a part of me that even in my sleep I want to praise Him!

I wish that I could take the face of every person I meet, in my hands and say "God loves you so much!" and know that they were feeling just what I feel this morning!!  God in all his splendor and glory, God in all his love... chooses to love each and every one of us. And that love is amazing! Our part is to listen to God to God's commands, to make the effort. When we make the effort God showers us with the power of His Grace and we can do anything!

No comments: