I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, December 10, 2010

12.10.10

Proverbs 29:20 There is more hope for a fool than for someone who speaks without thinking.


My Thoughts
Wow!!... Wow!!... we all do this... we all go around talking and talking and talking... we talk about everything and everybody.... we talk things to death sometimes... we jump in just to be heard. How different the world we be if we all stopped talking just for even a day!... what if we went about our day and truly thought about our words before we spoke them... what if ever time we were about to tell something about somebody... or comment to somebody about somebody else we stopped and ask ourselves just one question "Would I want somebody to say this about me?" and if the answer is "No" we didn't justify what we were about to say, we just kept our mouth shut....how much damage could be stopped... better yet what if we ask God "Are these words I am about to speak words I should say?" and we stopped and listened to the Holy Spirit inside of us and acted on that.... what a different place this world would be!!... Families and friendships would be stronger and more loving... the workplace would change in ways we can't even imagine...running into people would always be a good thing... today measure your words... today ask God to help you when you speak... and take time to notice the changes in your day...and when you like those changes remember what made your day better and do it again!

No comments: