I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, August 27, 2010

8.27.10

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 If is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ. He has commissioned us and he as identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us.

My Thoughts
Since God has commissioned us to be a witness for he... he will enable us with the right words... the right way to be a witness at the right times... often we see in your face witnesses for God... and they have their place in the world... but lots of times when we see these kinds of witnesses we feel like we can no possibly do that... but that is okay... God did just pick out one kind of person to be a witness for him... he picked out all kinds of personalities... to reach all kinds of personalities... how we live, and talk... and the choices people see us make are often more powerful than the get in your face and tell you the scripture kind of witnessing.... we are often the "only Bible some people see." ... and often we can share more about God's word by our actions than my the ability to quote the scripture.... when someone comes up to you and says will you say a prayer for me.... you have been a good witness for God... that person has seen something in you that makes them know that you love God... God has commissioned us... we need to do our best to make him proud by living a life .....that paints a picture that says ..... God is who guides my steps daily.

No comments: